Recipe number: 15
Date attempted: 3/20/16
- Link: http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2015/09/slow-cooker-chicken-marsala.html
- Review: pretty good as long as you like the flavors in marsala. The sauce came together nicely and the chicken fell apart (duh, it took 6 hrs to cook in it’s entirety). Since you’re basically cooking the chicken just in marsala wine and garlic though, I’d recommend actually adding some spices while you’re cooking – good additions would be red pepper flakes, salt, oregano, basil, parsley, onion powder, chives, paprika. Overall though, it’s a pretty healthy way to eat chicken, since there’s no added fats and no breading. I’m a fan overall, just would add the spices too. Would make again, this recipe was true to size, about 4 – 4 ½ servings overall so good for dinner one night and then lunch the next day.
Remi’s recipe (with modifications via le creme de la crumb)
6 hours 10 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste (season everything!)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (or a whole carton if you’re feeling ambitious)
- 1 cup sweet marsala cooking wine
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Lightly greasy your slow cooker with nonstick spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top chicken with garlic, mushrooms, and marsala wine. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken to a plate. Whisk together water and cornstarch til dissolved, then pour into slow cooker and stir.
- Add chicken back to slow cooker, switch heat to high, cover and cook another 20-30 minutes until sauce is thickened. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.