Recipe Number: 25
Date Attempted: 8/24/16
Brussels sprouts are probably my favorite vegetable and whenever I make these sprouts they’re gone before I can even bring some to work the next day. For this reason, I don’t have any pictures of my own (and honestly they look no where near as good as these from food 52) I’ve made this recipe a million and a half times, sometimes adding some other things to it so I’ve included this in the recipe below.
Link: Food52 Brussels
Remi’s Recipe (based off of food 52)
Serves 2 to 4 (1 to 3 realistically — these are so good!)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (I prefer to be lazy and get the bag of shaved Brussels from Trader Joes when possible. Note that frozen sprouts also work too)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoons honey
- Garlic powder (like 2 shakes)
- Onion Powder (like 2 shakes)
- Vegetable oil for frying (I used coconut oil last time but any oil works)
- OPTIONAL: 3 strips of bacon (cook the bacon in the pan first, take out the strips, add the Brussels and when it’s all done crumble the bacon on top)
- OPTIONAL: caramelized onions (when I add these I just cook them in the pan with the bacon)
- If you’re making bacon/caramelized onions to put into the sprouts cook them as you usually would (some butter/oil in a pan and let it go). Remove after 5-7 minutes (bacon) and let the onions cook as long as needed. It might be necessary to start the onions first if you like them super caramelized-y
- If you’re not making the bacon/onions add some oil to the bottom of a pan (cast iron or a regular skillet), after the oil is hot throw the Brussels sprouts in there and top with a healthy dose of sriracha and about 1 spoonful of honey. Add salt, pepper, garlic power, and onion power. Stir with a spatula.
- Let cook as long as you like your Brussels. I like mine kind of wilted or at least crispy on the edges so about 10 minutes but if you want a flash fry add more oil and only cook them for about a minute.