Date Attempted: 9/10/16
Recipe Number: 30
This all started with a dream. A dream to be healthy. I thought this cauliflower Alfredo sauce was going to be the answer to this dream.
Original Link: Dreamy Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo
Review: this isn’t Alfredo. Let me repeat that — this is NOT Alfredo. It is good for what it is, a cauliflower sauce. It was yummy on top of potatoes, pasta, carrots, other veggies, but it is not a replacement for a creamy, think, cheesy Alfredo. My vegan roommate really did like this sauce and we had a lot of it so we ate it for about a week.
Remi’s Recipe (with modifications of the dreamy vegan cauliflower alfredo sauce)
Makes: 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small-medium head of cauliflower
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt (I like 2 teaspoons)
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, or until it is soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the cauliflower and the vegetable stock or water to the pot, cover with a lid, and let the cauliflower steam for 5 minutes, or until it is soft.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients (starting with 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast and 1 teaspoon of sea salt) and blend again. Taste and add more nutritional yeast and sea salt, if you’d like.
- Either use the Vegan Cauliflower Sauce right away or pour it into a pan to keep warm until you are ready to use it.